JOIN OUR TEAM
Join a team that encourages excellence
Our region is growing and health care needs are evolving. To meet those changes, Surrey Hospital Foundation is transforming health care with the help of a strong community of donors. Together we are pushing the limits and paving the way to new standards of excellence. We do that by putting people—patients, families, medical teams, donors and our staff—at the centre of everything we do.
Admin & Communications Assistant
Surrey Hospital Foundation is looking for an energetic, resourceful and creative Admin & Communications Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a flexible, quick learner who will support three individuals within the organization. This role is ideal for a professional admin assistant with marketing/communications experience or education in content creation, basic design, and social media.
Our ideal candidate will have project or event management experience, as this role will be the point person for several events throughout the year. This role will assist with coordination of staff and other contacts for events and projects, and will help manage our volunteers.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar role of admin with specific communications/marketing support
- Post-secondary education in business or marketing preferred
- Experience in producing and posting to an organization’s social media
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Publisher)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Social media savvy; experience producing content and managing multiple networks
- Excellent oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Superb editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple, often-competing priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment with tight timelines
- A strong team player
- A personable professional who can effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Energetic, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Extensive computer work, which requires extended periods of sitting
- Role requires the ability to meet timelines and deadlines and to work under pressure
- Will involve occasional evening and weekend work/attendance at events
This is a full time, in-house position. Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Within your cover letter please answer the following questions:
- What is one thing a future employer should know about you?
- Describe one skill that distinguishes you from other applicants.
- What do you want to be doing in five years?