JOIN OUR TEAM
Join a team that encourages excellence
Our region is growing and health care needs are evolving. To meet those changes, Surrey Hospital Foundation is transforming health care with the help of a strong community of donors. Together we are pushing the limits and paving the way to new standards of excellence. We do that by putting people—patients, families, medical teams, donors and our staff—at the centre of everything we do.
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Assistant
Surrey Hospital Foundation is looking for an energetic, resourceful and creative Marketing & Communications Assistant to join our team.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be a flexible, quick learner with experience in a variety of communications roles. The Marketing & Communications Assistant position will assist with the planning, implementation and measurement of marketing and communications initiatives.
The ideal candidate is proactive, energetic, with experience in event planning and coordination.
- Assists with content creation and management of the Surrey Hospital Foundation social media channels – from creating and posting content, to monitoring interactions, engaging audiences, and measuring performance
- Prepare or edit content for internal and external communications pieces
- Assist with coordination of staff and other contacts for marketing projects (videos, photo shoots); follow up
- Updates WordPress website on a scheduled basis
- Drafts and coordinates e-newsletter distribution; measures results
- Coordinates community engagement opportunities to further our fundraising and engagement goals with donors and other stakeholders; these may be internal or external events
- Coordinates and manages event volunteers
- Keeps all marketing campaigns, initiatives and programs organized in digital folders
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar communications/marketing role
- Post-secondary education in public relations or marketing preferred
- Experience in producing and posting to an organization’s social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, Publisher)
- Graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Social media savvy; experience producing content and managing multiple networks
- Excellent oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Superb editing skills with a keen eye for grammar and detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple, often-competing priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment with tight timelines
- A strong team player that can work in a collaborative manner
- A personable professional who can effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, including the Board and hospital staff
- Energetic, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Extensive computer work, which requires extended periods of sitting
- Role requires the ability to meet timelines and deadlines and to work under pressure
- Will involve occasional, scheduled evening and weekend work/attendance at events
This is a full time, in-house position. Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to Meghan Thibodeau (Meghan.email@example.com). Within your cover letter please answer the following questions:
- What is one thing a future employer should know about you?
- Describe one skill that distinguishes you from other applicants.
- What do you want to be doing in five years?
There are no current job vacancies at this time.