Being the voice of families and seniors in our neighbourhoods. Planning and working with community leaders. Thanks to the support of our donors, here are just some of the things we’ve accomplished together.
Changing lives for the people in our community since 1992
Caring and comfort for dementia patients with the donation of the 72-bed Czorny Alzheimer Centre
- one of Canada’s leading Alzheimer residential care facilities
Eliminating waiting lists for children and adolescents with urgent mental health issues with the opening of the 10-bed Cloverdale Paint psychiatric stabilization unit (CAPSU)
- highly specialized team and a calming environment specifically geared to kids in crisis
Increasing patient beds, space, equipment and staff by 30% with the new 8-storey Surrey Memorial Hospital critical care tower, a $512 million redevelopment and expansion project. Bringing a new level of care by:
- doubling the capacity of care for high risk babies in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- opening B.C.’s first Ronald McDonald Family Room for moms and dads
- expanding stroke and intensive care units
Focusing on family with the new children’s emergency department, the largest in Canada
- 5,500 square feet of kids-only emergency medical treatment in a safe, welcoming space
Reinventing the patient experience with the new Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre, the first of its kind in B.C.
- day surgery, diagnostic procedures such as lab, X-ray, CT and MRI scans, biopsies and specialized health programs all within one building
- new breast health clinic and urology services
Bringing care to the most vulnerable with the new Children’s Health Centre
- the first chemotherapy unit for children in Surrey
- neonatal intensive care unit for fragile premature babies
- new family birthing unit and increased capacity for surgery
DO YOU HAVE A STORY?
This is a place where remarkable things happen every day. Help us share those stories so that others can understand what a difference exceptional health care makes.