CHILDREN’S HEALTH CENTRE CAMPAIGN
The children’s health community at Surrey Memorial is one of the busiest and most respected in the province. The Children’s Health Centre at Surrey Memorial Hospital, built in 2001, is the only health facility in the Fraser Valley dedicated to children’s health and pediatric emergencies.
Since 2001 the population in our community has grown by 50% but the Children’s Health Centre has not. Right now, thousands of local families are traveling to Vancouver to see specialists because there is not enough space to provide more outpatient clinics.
We are just $1 million away from our fundraising goal!
Donate to help us bring more of the best care, close to home.
Surrey Hospital Foundation is raising $6 million to transform the Children’s Health Centre by creating a larger, family-friendly space with more clinics for outpatients and a dedicated area for kids who need day care procedures. The changes will also mean that more patient rooms will be available for children who need overnight stays.
The need is critical
Help bring the best care closer to home by supporting our Surrey Hospital charity
To make it possible for thousands of children and families to see pediatric specialists close to home
To serve more kids every year in a family friendly space
To add new gastroenterology and orthopedic clinics
To expand the services of 11 other specialties including neurology, cardiology and nephrology (kidney care)
- New treatment room
- Up to 14 additional clinic rooms for outpatient care (more than doubling the current 5)
- 4 to 6 new surgical day care spaces
- New family-friendly waiting area
- 4 new inpatient rooms
- Play area
- Family lounge and kitchen
- Surrey has grown significantly since 2001, but the Children’s Health Centre at Surrey Memorial Hospital has not. Today, approximately 43% of BC’s kids live in communities served by Fraser Health.
- Every year, thousands of local families are forced to miss school and work because they need to travel all the way to Vancouver for medical appointments.
- Last year alone, families from Surrey, White Rock, Langley and Delta logged more than 24,000 visits to Vancouver to see pediatric specialists because the services were not available in their community.
Want more information on the Children’s Health Centre campaign?
Email us or call us today at 604-588-3371 for updates and full details.